Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsidian w/Confluence

Justin June 27, 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this community site, thought I would ask if anyone utilizes the note taking app "Obsidian", it's gaining a lot of popularity. 

Just wondering if there is a plug-in or something that interactive with the app and Confluence. 

I mainly use OneNote for documentation and when I'm writing a draft for a document but if there is a more logical 'flow' then I'll do that, anything for QoL :) 

2 answers

2 votes
hasues January 20, 2023

Noting that Confluence supports Markdown, once could make their initial rough draft in Obsidian then copy pasta that in Confluence.  Otherwise, you could start in Confluence then do an export and place that inside Obsidian.  Additionally, you could use one of the web clippers for Obsidian to allow you to copy what you make in Confluence to Obsidian.

Generally, my employers pay for confluence, and I like to keep my own personal notes of topics so that they are portable with me so Obsidian makes a lot of sense in that space.

Andrew McClenaghan April 12, 2023

I have been working on an integration plugin to support publishing from Obsidian to Confluence. 

https://obsidian-confluence.com/

https://github.com/markdown-confluence/obsidian-integration

Would love feedback if you are interested in testing it out.

Like # people like this
Gyuri Kim September 20, 2023

Thanks. I will install this for tyring. Obsidian has served all my needs to note down-flowing ideas within my head. 

Stephen Walrond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2023

Thanks for creating this. I am excited to use it but at the moment I'm getting a 401 Unauthorized error (BASIC Authentication Failure - Reason : AUTHENTICATED_FAILED) when attempting to upload a page. I've created an API token, and associated with my Obsidian vault. 

Is there some other layer of security I need to be aware of or something I need to do other than the steps in the plugin's instructions?

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2022

@Justin Welcome to the Atlassian community

Currently, there is not an app in the marketplace for Obsidian.  I would suggest just using Confluence to take notes in if that is where the information will eventually end up.  

birdbrained
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2024

It would have been quite easy to say there isn't an app on the marketplace but if this is something you need confluence has an API that could be used to achieve this kind of thing.

In fact, subsequent comments _demonstrate_ an obsidian plugin that makes this possible to a certain extent.

Overall we should be constructive and suggest, if not an _actual_ solution, a _direction_ in which a solution might be found.

If we can do neither, then our contribution to a conversation holds little value.

Discouraging folks from even exploring leads to walled gardens and comes across as a marketing tactic.

As a `Community Leader`, these are unfortunate optics.

Like Stephen Walrond likes this
hasues April 2, 2024

Hey, just wanted to bring this to your attention, but the confusion is that the articles are posted newest posts first.  So Brant wasn't replying to the above, his was the oldest post (2022), and our new thread discussed opportunities (2023). 

Like birdbrained likes this
birdbrained
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 2, 2024

Agree; that's why the word "subsequent" was used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events