OauthTokens are not generated under Authorized Applications while accessing Confluence gadget

Bhushan Marathe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2020

When some users access the Confluence Gadget through Jira Dashboard, they are not able to see the Confluence content under the gadget. It prompts the user to login and authenticate and later throws an error stating, problem authenticating user.

The application links  are working fine, the user can login to both Jira and Confluence using his credentials, but through this method he gets the error.

Also  the user profile -> settings -> View Oauth Access Tokens -> Authorized applications show as None to user. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hello @Bhushan Marathe !

As I understand, a single user is having issues while using the Confluence Gadgets from within Jira.

There is a number of things that could affect the behavior between applications. A few of them are SSL, proxy, incorrect application name used during setup.

With this in mind, we could first move towards the test with another user. You can also take a look at common issues with OAuth in Application Links here:

With this behavior, I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification.

Here we go:

1. Which version of Confluence are you using?
  2. Which version of Jira are you using?
  3. Is this affecting other users as well?
  4. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  5. Does this happen when the user tries to access using another browser?
  6. Does this happen when the user tries to access using another machine?
  7. Can the user use Jira Gadgets in Confluence?
  8. Are both applications (Jira and Confluence) running on the same server?
  9. What is the exact error that is shown when the user tries to use the gadget? Could you send us a screenshot of the error?

As a last reminder, take care not to share sensitive information with the screenshots and information shared here in the community. We are in an open space where everyone can see everything.

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events