OKTA integration via SAML

Wlodzimierz Tatucha June 25, 2018

Hi 

I am looking for information when I will integrate JIRA / Confluence (cloud) with OKTA (SAML), will I still be able to manage users in Jira.
I would like to know if it will be possible to add access to users who do not have accounts in OKTA?

Wlodek

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2018

Hi Wlodzimierz,

Yes, even with SAML enabled, you will still be able to add other users to your Atlassian Cloud sites. However, when you enable SAML, you define an Organization. Once you defined it, that organization's domain becomes claimed. This means that you will not be able to add users with email addresses from the same domain, but without an OKTA account. 

You can, of course, add users with email addresses belonging to another domain.

For more information about SAML SSO, please take a look at this documentation.

Wlodzimierz Tatucha June 27, 2018

Thank you 😀

Wlodzimierz Tatucha June 28, 2018

I have additional question. Does Atlassian require an Identity Manager to enable SAML (Configure SAML 2.0)?

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Hi! @Wlodzimierz Tatucha,

yes it does - it's now called Atlassian Access (not Identity Manager anymore) but to my knowledge you need it to enable SAML. And you also need the paid version of it to get SAML as a feature (except for Servicedesk customers, where the policy has changed and they no longer get counted).

Cheers, 
   Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events