OAuth Result: oauth_problem=permission_unknown with 2-leg OAuth

mk_scisystems May 13, 2019

Currently we integrate our own application with confluence and get an oauth_problem=permission_unknown result even though i gave permission for the application. After that, we received the verification code over the authorization url. If i now try to get an access token, i get oauth_problem=permission_unknown as result.

Can anybody tell me whats going wrong here?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2019

Hi,

What version of Confluence is this?  I'm curious to see if you find any other exceptions along with this permission_unknown error.  Typically when we see this there are also other errors along the lines of 'token_rejected', if that is the case here then I would recommend trying to walk through the KB OAuth error oauth_problem=token_rejected.

If you are not seeing that specific error, it might help to try to completely remove the application link and attempt to recreate it in order to see if we are seeing other precursor errors in the logs that might give us more information here.

Andy

mk_scisystems May 20, 2019

Hi,

it's the latest version 6.15.4. There're no ohter exceptions in the result. We recreated the app link, error is still the same. Can you tell me the specific log file an log level to see any detailed info / error messages about the oauth processing?

Michael

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

The information I would expect from this would be in the $CONFHOME/logs/atlassian-confluence.log file.  For an error like this, there is not an additional logging package for us to debug on.

Could you provide us with the complete error message as it appears in the logs?  I'm curious to see if we can learn more about this with a complete error message.  I am afraid that we are only seeing this error without sufficient information about the environment to be able to help troubleshoot this.

Andy

mk_scisystems May 22, 2019

Hi Andrew,

actually we run through the whole OAuth Dance and checked the log. There is no error thrown in the log and the return code is still 401 with oauth_problem="permission_unknown".

Michael

liuyangyi May 11, 2021

first  you need  get   http://*/plugins/servlet/oauth//authorize?oauth_token=DZZfvRy[redactedtoken]avcW    and  click  allowed permission

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events