Numbered headings

Luciana July 6, 2021

Hello, I have a document where I need to have the numbered heading in the table of content in every page part but then when I export the whole document I have to enabl the numbered headings and then the PDF has the numbered headings duplicated. 

How can I make the numbered heading disappear when I export the whole document?  Pages.pngPDF exported.png

1 answer

0 votes
Marein Könings July 7, 2021

Hi Luciana,

Thank you for your question. I'm not completely sure I correctly understand your situation. I think you are using Scroll PDF Exporter to export a page which contains other pages using the Include Page macro. In this reply, I will offer a possible workaround for that specific situation. If your situation is in fact different, or you want to continue this conversation, I suggest you create a ticket in our support system, as we will be better able to assist you and discuss your situation in more depth.

The problem

Unfortunately, on Confluence Cloud, it's not possible for our app to distinguish between the headings inside the document and Scroll PDF Exporter's table of contents. The headings in the table of contents will always be exactly the content of the heading inside the document (including numbering), unless changes are made to Scroll PDF Exporter to interpret our numbering differently from the actual heading text.

Possible workaround

As a possible workaround to the situation as I understand it, I suggest the following:

1. In the Scroll PDF Exporter settings, under 'Content', disable 'Enable numbered headings'.
  2. On each page, set the Numbered Headings "Starting numbers" to the appropriate numbers for that page. In the case of your example image, that should be 10.1. You would need to change the highest-level headings on the page to level 2 (and change the lower-level headings as appropriate). Also, you would need to make sure these numbers stays up-to-date with each page's position in the full document.

Please let me know whether this workaround is useful to you. If not, please create a ticket in our support system.

Cheers,
Marein

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events