Numbered Headings is acting strangely when we edit a page.

Leslie Barrett February 3, 2022

Whenever we edit a page that has the Numbered Headings, the macro automatically updates the numbering - even when we are not editing or adding to the headings. For example, a page with
1. Notes

2. Server List

becomes

1.1 Notes

2.2 Server List

3 answers

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 2, 2023

Hi @Leslie Barrett 

As an alternative, you can try other solutions. For example, using Content Formatting Macros for Confluence, you can edit a page, add all the headings you want. Then when the page is published, as long as you use the correct heading number ( Heading 1, Heading 2, etc..), it will automatically update the numbering accordingly.

If you have any questions, please let me know, my team develops this app.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Hi Leslie Barrett

Here are some general guesses: Are you using any web browser extensions? Sometimes it helps to disable them for Confluence. Some web browser spelling checks can also lead to funny behaviours in the editor.

If you are using the app I think about, I think it would be best if you get in touch with the vendor of the app! This is a supported app so they should actively be able to help you troubleshoot.

Cheers
Sloan Niklas B.

Thanks for your reply - I did a two pronged approach and have also reached out to the vendor :)

We do not have any extensions on our browser windows which is why this is just so odd to me.

Like Sloan N_ B_ likes this
Alex Johnson November 14, 2022

@Leslie BarrettDid you end up finding a resolution for this?
Running into this issue currently.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

@Leslie Barrett 

Can you add a screenshot of how it shows!!

Here's mine!!

Edit page

CC1.png

Below is the list

CC2.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

There are several examples of pages that did not initiate the headings via the menu bar at the top. We have numerous pages that are formatted the following way:

H1 title

text/table

H2

text/table

H3

text/table

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL