Now that bookmarks are gone in Confluence 4.1, how can I access the bookmarks that I had previously saved?

Jessamyn Donovan January 31, 2012

I can see that bookmarks are no longer available in Confluence 4.1 (which is bad enough) but I can't find a way to access my previous bookmarks, either. Which means I've lost all of those links (and comments associated with them). There has to be some way to access them, right??

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessamyn Donovan February 14, 2012

Atlassian support was able to provide me a .CSV export of our bookmarks. Alternatively (in addition), you can access the bookmarks as individual wiki pages. The URL should have the following syntax:

...jira.com/wiki/display/~SPACEID/.bookmarks

Each bookmark that was created in that space will show up as a child page (name of the page is the title given to the bookmark). Navigating to the child pages will display any comments associated with the bookmark and the description (if any) for the bookmark. The URL itself can be seen by editing the child page (the bookmark will appear inside a wiki markup macro.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2012

Unfortunately extra plugins cannot be installed into OnDemand. If this data is important to you, please contact Support and we'll see what we can do for you (please link to this Answers question when you do).

0 votes
Jessamyn Donovan February 1, 2012

We're using OnDemand, do I just ask for that plugin to be installed?

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2012

The Social Bookmarking Plugin is no longer shipped with Confluence 4.0 by default, but it's still available for download from plugins.atlassian.com and is still kept compatible with new versions of Confluence.

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Joseph, is the Social Bookmarking Plug-in intended to replace/improve upon the {bookmarks} macro that was available in earlier versions?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2012

Kevin, the Social Bookmarking plugin is the plugin that provided the original bookmarks macro, it's just no longer included with Confluence by default. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events