Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of changes with emails is insecure

Tom Taylor January 2, 2020

Is there a way to disable emails for changes to pages? My company has proprietary information in our knowledge base and I really don't like the idea of this information being shared in an insecure fashion...

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

Hello @Tom Taylor ! Great to see a new face around.

As I understand, your organization deals with pretty sensitive data and you need to disable the email notifications within your instance.

Currently, we cannot disable notifications globally. Users can opt-in our out of such. Here is an older thread that discusses this:

And here is a little bit more information about this kind of notification, here you can verify the fact that users can opt-in or out of those notifications:

For anyone who might be running Confluence Server (not Confluence Cloud), we have this Knowledge Base Article that tackles the email notifications issue:

What you could use as a workaround is publishing without notification. You can find this option right in the three dots menu, in the right side of the close button:

Anotação 2020-01-06 173148.jpg

I hope this helps you, Tom!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events