It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Notification of changes with emails is insecure

Is there a way to disable emails for changes to pages? My company has proprietary information in our knowledge base and I really don't like the idea of this information being shared in an insecure fashion...

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Tom Taylor ! Great to see a new face around.

As I understand, your organization deals with pretty sensitive data and you need to disable the email notifications within your instance.

Currently, we cannot disable notifications globally. Users can opt-in our out of such. Here is an older thread that discusses this:

And here is a little bit more information about this kind of notification, here you can verify the fact that users can opt-in or out of those notifications:

For anyone who might be running Confluence Server (not Confluence Cloud), we have this Knowledge Base Article that tackles the email notifications issue:

What you could use as a workaround is publishing without notification. You can find this option right in the three dots menu, in the right side of the close button:

Anotação 2020-01-06 173148.jpg

I hope this helps you, Tom!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you