Notification mail shows macros instead of actual content.

Sander Verschuren April 18, 2013

Hello,

I have a page that is being watched by some people. The page contains a lot of macros to render some useful content. (Customware scaffolding macro) I would expect the notification mail to resemble the content shown in the browser, but instead it shows the page content with all its macro's. Is there a way to hide macro's from being shown in the notification mail? Or can this only be done by editing the mail templates?

Thanks,

Sander

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Sander, I believe this is not possible at the moment based on this. It seems that you are the person who asked there. Please bear in mind that this might be plugin related issue, therefore the notification for the macro on that plugin is not shown correctly.

2 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Sander,

What mail client are you using?

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

If you're using an installed mail client (outlook) I would suggest trying to view the email in a web based client. If you can include a screenshot for us, it would help us see what you're seeing via the email.

1 vote
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Confluence does not 'understand' what is inside of the scaffolding macros. These macros are objects behaving like 'black boxes' for Confluence. That means you loose the diffing feature in the notification mails, because Confluence diffs the pages before they have been rendered and renders only the result of the diffing.

It would be really (I mean really!) useful, if the pages would be rendered before being diffed. Because hundreds of our Confluence page use (only) Scaffolding forms, the diffing mechanism is useless that way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events