Notification When Someone Views the Wiki

Richard Lucas October 18, 2012

Hello all,

Is there a way to receive notifications when someone views certian pages in the wiki, and also who it is that viewed that specific page.

I would appreciate the help.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

Hi,

My approach would be to enable user access logging, then write a shellscript or some other mechanism that can be automated to monitor that logfile and based on specific events (e.g. page visit), trigger a notification.

This way you would not consume too much resources and can customize the mechanism the way you want.

Richard Lucas October 23, 2012

Thank you. Exactly what I needed.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2012

Mmm, Confluence doesn't track that by default. If it did, it could be quite a heavy load, and the usual trick is for people to include javascript that will post the visitor data to other tools that are designed for view tracking (e.g. Google Analytics). Even they don't mail on view though - you'll need dedicated code for that sort of thing!

Richard Lucas October 19, 2012

Thanks Nic,

So I assume there is no plugin or macro which Confluence offers that can accomplish this task?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events