Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes assignment feature with custom fields integrated into confluence page

Deleted user December 11, 2019

I have a need that I'm not sure is supported by a Confluence marketplace app.

Basically, my Sales team would like a simple, standardized and trackable way to pose questions back to my Product team as they come up in conversations with clients and prospects. I would like that set of questions / answers attached to a Confluence page that describes the product overall, so someone can easily see all the Q&A history.  These questions should route to a specific person or group, result in notification that a new question has arrived, allow Product to respond with clarifying questions and an ETA for getting an answer, and generate reminders if there is no activity on the question for a pre-determined period of time. Notification should also be sent to the originator of the question (Sales) when an answer is provided.

The functionality would look something like this:

1. Sales creates a new question attached to a specific Confluence page
  2. Product receives a notification that a new question has been created
  3. Product responds with (a) clarifying questions, (b) an answer and/or (c) an ETA for having an answer
  4. Sales gets notification that there's been some activity on the question, and can even see the latest info via their mobile device
  5. Sales can enter clarifying notes in response to Product's request for more information, and Product is notified when there's been a change to that record
  6. Product enters in the answer to the question, and can attach documents or links to more information if desired
  7. Sales gets a notification that the question has been answered and can view information on their mobile device
  8. The entire Q&A dialogue is tracked on the Confluence page for future reference

This app needs to be really simple and uncluttered (e.g. I don't want to implement a whole project management or Jira based solution and ask my Sales team to have to navigate through that type of app). 

I'd really appreciate if anyone knows of an app that can support this need.  

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Just checking, but Questions for Confluence wouldn't meet your requirements?

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/questions

Otherwise, why not just use the general features of Confluence - unless a user chooses not receive notifications. Or use it in combination with Slack?

Deleted user December 12, 2019

I wasn't aware of that one!

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Deleted user December 12, 2019

Hi James - no, unfortunately this did not come close to solving my need.  Did you look through the list of requirements that I had entered before suggesting Questions for Confluence?

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

You are out of luck if that's the case, as I don't believe there is an existing marketplace solution that meets all your exact requirements and works with Confluence Cloud.

Most of what you have requested can be achieved in a light weight way with Cloud, such as using @ mentions or having users watching a space being automatically notified of changes. You can also use tasks to assign people responsibility. But there is no out of the box or marketplace solutions for Cloud that will let you manage specific notification flows or will send reminders.

It is worth remembering that Confluence is a wiki, but can be extended to support structured processes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events