Not loading Pictures as a complete URL

dvayanu February 15, 2017
Not loading Pictures as a complete URL
When clicking on an image within a page that has several images I can slide through those images.
Every new picture will bring up a new URL
Picture 1
lzjo5sha.png
Picture 2
wotzej3g.png
and so on.
When I close the slider I am on the regular page again. Clicking the Backbutton of the browser now results in browsing through all of those pictures again before getting back to the last real content page.
How can we set up the slider so that this does not happen and the last real content page is being shown?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2017

Hi Leon,

When you use the Back button on the browser you're instructing the browser to go to the last URL that it loaded.  In this case that will be the last picture you viewed, as that is accessed via a URL.

There's nothing you or Atlassian can do about this, it's the behaviour of your browser (and all browsers). 

There's no way to configure Confluence to show the pictures in some "non-URL" way, and realistically there isn't any sensible technical way to do this even if Atlassian wanted to.

dvayanu February 15, 2017

Hi Rob,

ok, maybe I made my question unclear. Is there a 'way' or another gallery-plugin to present the pictures in a picture slider in a form of an overlay-layer, like its done on a gazillion of internet pages out there, without browser even getting note about the change of the picture.

Means: same url, picture slide via javascript, no change of url, no browser back.

cons: no direct picture url into the slider possible.

So with that being added, maybe you know of such a plugin?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2017

Hi Leon,

I'm not aware of an add-on that does that, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.  Have you searched the Atlassian Marketplace?

An alternative if you want to do some dirty work yourself is to embed a gallery in an iFrame, which might solve your problem.  There's a link at the bottom of that page to a plugin if you don't want to use the HTML macro directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events