Not in or != filter logic causing results not to display in JIRA Issue filter on Confluence page

Michael Effertz January 14, 2021

Last week my Confluence page was displaying perfectly fine. This week I do not have results displaying when the filter contains status not in or status != logic in the filter.

Filter that was working last week.

team in (975) AND issuetype = "EPIC (Feature)" AND (fixversion not in ("EP PI6 Nov18-Feb09") or fixversion is EMPTY) AND status not in ("Done") ORDER BY Rank ASC                

Still shows results on the insert screen. 

After I insert and Publish instead of showing the results that were on the insert screen it displays: Refresh !Refresh didn't work. Try Again or click an issue to see it in JIRA. 

But it is all grayed out so I can't refresh just the JIRA Filter macro insert.

I changed the filter logic to: 

team in (975) AND issuetype = "EPIC (Feature)" AND (fixversion not in ("EP PI6 Nov18-Feb09") or fixversion is EMPTY) AND status in ("Done") ORDER BY Rank ASC

And it displays the issues without any issue. I retried changing to status != and got same result as status not in. Then I tried status = and it displays the issues without problem.

Why is status not in or != suddenly causing display issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2021

Hello @Michael Effertz!

As I understand, the Jira issues macro is not displaying a specific set of issues.

The first thing we can try is to display the same set of issues that would come up when using the “Not In” or “!=” arguments but without using such arguments in the query.

If the behavior is still present even if you do not use the arguments and the same set of Jira Issues is displayed, this will help us rule out the arguments (“Not In” and “!=”)  as root cause for this behavior.

Here is how we can do this:

1. Go to the page where this Jira Issues macro is present
  2. Edit the page
  3. Go into the “Jira Issues” macro settings
  4. Create a filter where all the issues from the query with the “Not In” argument are displayed
  5. Save the settings
  6. Publish the page
  7. Check if the display issue is still present

By displaying all issues that would come up with the usage of “Not In” or “!=”, we can check if the behavior is present. If the behavior is present, the root cause might be one or more issues that are displayed as a result.

I am asking you to try and rule out the arguments “Not In” and “!=” because this issue is still affecting a number of “Jira Issues” macro, even though our developers deployed a fix for it:

The issue is caused by issues that display the “Parent Link” or “Team” columns, if they are selected on the macro.

Let us hear from you!

Michael Effertz January 19, 2021

Thank you. I did remove Parent Link from the display and the issues are displaying as expected.

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Great to know you are now able to use the macro!

Let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help you with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events