Not getting daily updates anymore

Jeannine Hooper-Yan July 22, 2022

I recently started receiving a “Daily Digest” and stopped receiving my Daily Update email. 

They are not the same! The Daily Digest is missing a lot of updates. It is only reporting 1 page changed in the last few days and I know that’s not correct. 

I confirmed my email settings still have Daily Updates selected. Was this disabled? Any idea how I get it back?

4 answers

0 votes
Jürgen Hillebrand February 5, 2024

Thought it could not get worse - but it could.

Latest Daily changes email does not contain all changes it's just cut, due to email limits ;-)

Hope you're having a great day. There have been 14 updates since Friday, February 2, 2024. Want to see more updates?

Hello super-follower! Due to email size limits, we aren't able to show all your updated here without them being clipped? View all in Confluence (as link)

And afterwards it lists 1 change in 1 space
and 5 changes in 1 other space,
the other 9 announced changes are missing!!! 

The provided link leads to the ugly and unusable Home page of Confluence and does of course not show the missing data, especially when I read this email a day later, for catching up what happened yesterday. It's annoying how Atlassian thinks users are working with their system.

Looks like it's time to search for a successor system which works like a user expects.

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2024

@Jeannine Hooper-Yan I recently wrote an article about your options for a generally better Confluence Daily Digest experience and how you can get the Daily Updates email (something very close to that) back with the automated email notifications provided by Better Content Archiving.
It allows you to, among other things:

• report the updated pages across Confluence, not just what you watch
  • have your own schedule
  • customize the layout, content and recipients to your team's needs

Give the article a read and reach out to us if you have any questions about the implementation.

20240124-schedule-confluence-daily-digest-email.png

(Please note that Better Content Archiving is a free/paid, supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Jürgen Hillebrand January 4, 2024

You will never get this functionality back as Atlassian dropped Daily Changes notification without any replacement in place.

The official workaround - see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Daily-Digest-email-will-replace-quot-Confluence-changes-in-the/ba-p/2460886 is to use Daily Changes email instead, but the functionality is not the same, because

• Daily Changes reports only changes in spaces you are actively watching
  • and does not show all changes you have a right to see (as Daily Changes email did in the past)

There is also no other workaround avail, e.g. by using Recently Updated Macro, as this Macro lists all single changes for all pages you have a right to see, but

• it does neither cluster them according spaces
  • nor combine several changes into a single change info line of test

You can vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-76708 but this will, to my experience not help a lot, as it's just a parking place for complaints and for getting customers quiet.

Sorry to say.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

@Jeannine Hooper-Yan Daily Digest is a feature that was recently released in order to cut down on the number of update emails users receive. 

Please check out this thread for more information. There does seem to be a user in the comments section that is asking a similar (but not exact same) question. Hopefully the answers from Atlassian will [rovide some guidance to help you.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Introducing-the-Confluence-Daily-Digest/ba-p/2042487

Jeannine Hooper-Yan July 22, 2022

This doesn't really help me.  I think Daily Digest broke Daily Summary - except it's a very poor cousin. 

I'm not sure what problem Atlassian was trying to solve.  If you turned off ALL email preferences except Subscribe to Daily Updates, you only got 1 email per day. Using Daily Updates gave me 1 email daily that summarized everything that happened in Confluence that I have access to.  It includes a link to take you directly to the compare page to see what changed.

Daily Digest is only finding 1 changed page in the last several days (my team averages 10-20 changes a day) and does not give me direct access to the compare view.

I need my Daily Update back.

Like Jürgen Hillebrand likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events