Not able to create issues into JIRA from Confluence

Rajeev Chaturvedi August 31, 2019

Hi there,

I have create a page in Confluence and now I am trying to create issues from there into JIRA and it doesn't work.

Following is how its behaving:

When I select any text on the Confluence page and using Confluence Cloud click on the Create issue link, it opens the Create Issue popup, now when I click on the Create button after selecting the JIRA project and Issue Type it goes to Confluence Login page, once the credentials are supplied it goes back to the same page where I was trying to create the issue but the issue didn't get created and displays following error message:

There were errors creating issues in Jira.

Parse error:JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data.

I am running on Confluence 6.14.1 and JIRA 8.3.3.

1.Selected Text.png2.Clicked on the Create Issue link.png3.Clieking on Create Issue sends to login page.png4.After logging in this error is displayed.png

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2019

This error occurs when Jira return non JSON response. Like when it redirect you to HTML page.

I suggest,

• You verify your Application Link,
  • Try Issue-List macro if it works fine,
  • Verify you can create issue in project from Jira that you want to try from Confluence.
  • If you have access, please review your Confluence and Jira logs, they contain more helpful information in such cases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events