Not able to align picture to left or right in header/footer

Anders October 3, 2018

Hi!

I'm farely new to Atlassian and have been trying for an hour or more to solve this little issue of mine.

All I wanted to do was to use our logo as header and our icon as footer.
I found this in Space Settings -> Look and Feel -> Header and footer, where I followed the instructions: "Use wiki markup to add text, links, macros and images (from the web or attached to a page in the space)."

I found more instructions here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-wiki-markup-938044804.html

Then I finally got what I wanted, except that the pictures automatically aligns to the center. I've been trying with align=right and align=left, but it has no effect.

I have this in my header:
!ABC:Business^Logo.png|width=300, vspace=4, align=left!

I've been trying and trying, but with no luck. I've tried changing the size of the picture (which works), but it still centers. I've also tried changing stuff I have no clue about, like vspace=1, hspace=1, etc. 

Can anyone help me before I go mad? :(

Thanks in advance! 

3 answers

1 vote
Caio Miyazaki February 21, 2020

Image header and footer to align using Wiki Markup isn't working on current cloud version, as you can see on this link.

You can create a table with 2 columns with different ratios, as the example below:

{section:border=false}
{column:width=70%}
{column}
{column:width=30%}
!image.png!
{column}
{section}

0 votes
Henry February 11, 2019

I have same question and got back from Jira Support: "the wiki markup for align does not have any effect on the positioning when used in Custom Header. We created a suggestion ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58472 here for our developers to review." 

I've voted the Suggestion. 

Thanks.

0 votes
Lava Kumar Dukanam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

Hi @Anders,

Welcome to the community!

I'm able to align the image with just this

!ABC:Business^Logo.png|align=left!

and it reflects correctly for left, right and center.

May be a diagram of what you're trying to achieve will be helpful to assist you further.

Thanks,

Lava

Christian de Bellefeuille October 24, 2018

Sorry Lava, but i've the exact same problem.

!FQDN_URL_TO_PNG|align=right,width=101,height=50!

border, bordercolor, alt doesn't have any effect.

align=right work, but align=left doesn't work.

width & height work.

i've to mention that now that i've it on the right side, i can't have it back to the center with align=center.   

I've tried to Upload the PNG within the "Overview", so i can be able to use it later without having to specify a full URL to this PNG, but it doesn't change anything.  It still show to the right.

And i have to point to Lava that we are really talking about the HEADER AND FOOTER section of a space (or the whole web site)

Because when we insert an image within a page, it work well. (align, width, height, border, bordercolor, etc... everything work.  But not within the Header and Footer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events