Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Text Merging with Header

Matt Bond April 6, 2022

Whenever I try to add a header the normal text in the paragraph either above or below always changes to the header formatting. The only solution I've found so far is to leave generous (2+ lines) of space between the header and the text. It looks rather odd and eats up a lot of valuable page space. Example below of unwanted text still well spaced and continuously changing to the heading format.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 12.46.16 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

@Matt Bond Welcome to Confluence Cloud.

How are you applying the Heading formatting? Are you selecting it on the the line you are editing? Or are you highlighting the text and then selecting it? Often when selecting text it can bleed over due to trailing spaces or hard returns. Best practice is just to select the font style you need while the cursor is active on that line of text.

On top of that, there is a natural buffer between Headings and text, which decreases based on the Heading size. See below for the size and buffer space for each heading type.

Capture4.PNG

Matt Bond April 7, 2022

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for a timely response!

I am highlighting text that's been copied and pasted. Am I understanding your response correctly that the method I'm using is the cause?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

@Matt Bond that has been my experience. Have you tried with just placing your cursor on the line of text and selecting the font format you desire to see if that changes anything?

Matt Bond April 8, 2022

@Andy Gladstone That seems to work better. I still need to add an extra space and above and below the header between text or it happens again. But still better than how it was before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events