Non Clustered Confluence: Database is being updated by another Confluence instance.

ap@ihs911.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2018

Website/Server was frozen so we rebooted.  Once rebooted we received this error, "Non Clustered Confluence: Database is being updated by another Confluence instance.".  I've gone into the logs and found the message "Unable to acquire JDBC Connection".  I checked the .xml file for the user name and password and I was able to logon to the SQL Server with those creds.  Not sure where else to look as this system was setup by another user and not documented.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Hello,

This message is usually logged when the old process is still connected to DB so new instance and the new process can't connect. Please check running process to make sure no other instance is up that might be connected to DB.

If your instance is set up to start with the server, then you can just restart the server and let it startup naturally.

Let me know how it goes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events