• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No publish button

Exactly at the title says - I've never seen a Publish button on any page I've created or edited.  So much of the supporting documentation refers to publishing and I think this is part of the reason I can't use much of the documentation because it's not relevant.

I'm using Confluence 6.5.2 server.  Anyone know what's going on?

4 answers

Hi Kim,

The first time you create a page it has a 'draft' status and there is a publish button at the bottom of the editor. 
Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 11.13.00.png

Every time you edit the page after that, the 'Publish' button says 'Update' - see the first screenshot in the page linked below...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/the-editor-251006017.html

Alternatively, are you looking to publish a page from one space to another - e.g. restricted to public? In that case you may want to explore the Comala Publishing add-on. 

Hope that helps

James 

That's the thing, our Confluence does not look like that.  There never is a Publish button.  When I create a new page, the only thing showing at the bottom are Preview / Save / Close buttons.  There is no Draft logo at the top.  Same for editing pages.

Are you sure that your confluence admin has not installed a theme that changes how confluence looks and arranges functions?  

I used to get a Publish button and now I don't see it.  Sigh.

Atlassian team should have better documentation as most of the steps mentioned by them are not available in practical.

I just encountered this issue as well - the whole bottom bar was missing.  It's because Confluence is often quite broken in Firefox.  I loaded up the page in Chrome and can see the bar.

I wasn't using FF with the issue noted above. Glad it's working for you though.

I have the same issue. I don't see a Publish and Draft button. Is it because I run an older version (6.15.9)? If I should be able to activate a Publish button, can someone please point me to the exact instructions? Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you