Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

No edit button after getting edit permission

i have get edit permission but no edit button show for me, please help check this issue.

5 answers

1 accepted

It happened the same to me @Allen Li but if you click on the button "E", the edit option appears!

Hi @Allen Li 

Is this Confluence Cloud or Server?

Depending on the hosting type or version, there might not be an edit button but an icon - such as a pencil icon - in the top-left. You could also try pressing the keyboard shortcut "e" to see if that works.

If not, ask your Space Admin to check your permissions. There are no "edit" permissions in Confluence usually, you need add/create access to get these permissions.

A Space Admin can check via:

1. Go to Space Settings > Space Permissions
  2. Ensure your individual user account, or Group you are a member of, has Add permissions for the relevant component - Pages, Blog, Comments, etc

Is the issue happening with all pages, or just one page?

If it's just one, it could be Page Restrictions. These are additional restrictions beyond the Space's permissions which limit who can read and/or edit a Page.

You can see more detail on these for DC here, or Cloud here, but in general...

• You'll need to find someone with the relevant access to manage the restrictions. Often this is a Space Admin, or they can help you identify the right contact
  • These restrictions are managed through the padlock icon on each Page

Let us know if this helps resolve your issue - if not, perhaps provide us with a screenshot of what you're seeing so we can assist further :)

Ste

Hi Stephen @Stephen Wright _Elabor8

it is for Confluence Cloud, could you help check my upload screenshot ? when Space Admin get me permissions, it is should be have "edit" button left buAnnotation 2022-01-20 145508.pngAnnotation 2022-01-20 145546.pngtton "save for later"

Shouldn't the "Edit" functionality be separate from the "Add" functionality? 

Hi @Zachary Paulsgrove 

There's a suggestion for this you can vote/comment on - see CONFCLOUD-38722 

Quite an old request though, looks like it originally started as CONFCLOUD-4087 back in 2005!

Ste

1 vote
Vishwas Rising Star Jan 19, 2022

Hey @Allen Li 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

Which platform are you -> Confluence cloud or server ?

Did the space admin provide you the "Add" Pages option in confluence ? Does your user has confluence can use permissions ? 

And there could be a possibility that the page is restricted for edit access. In that case check and get added to that restrictions

Please check with admin to get it fixed, by mentioning the above possible reasons.

Regards,

Vishwas

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed Community Leader Jan 19, 2022

@Allen Li  Please check if any page restrictions are added. If its granted, please check for parent page restrictions. 
More details in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

I have the same problem.

I am the admin and there is no page restriction but the edit button is not shown. Only at one page :(

Hi @Michael Kornatzki 

Are you still facing this issue? And none of the above suggestions could help (especially checking page restrictions)?

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events