Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bean found during integration testing

Christopher Klinge August 25, 2017

Hi,

I'm working on a new plugin and I'd like to use both unit and integration testing from the start. Getting the basics right worked just fine, but I am now trying to test a custom content type and the integration tests fail due to not being able to find a bean. The plugin loads perfectly fine otherwise and I have no idea as to why it refuses to run the tests.

This is the error I get upon running atlas-integration-test on my plugin:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'de.cyclonit.confluence.plugin.content.ContentType': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentPermissionManager]: No qualifying bean of type [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentPermissionManager] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {}; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory
.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentPermissionManager] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {}
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:749)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:185)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1143)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1046)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:510)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:342)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor171.invoke(Unknown Source)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.spring.DefaultSpringContainerAccessor.createBean(DefaultSpringContainerAccessor.java:97)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.ConfluencePluginUtils.instantiatePluginModule(ConfluencePluginUtils.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.confluence.content.ContentTypeModuleDescriptor.createModule(ContentTypeModuleDescriptor.java:61)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.confluence.content.ContentTypeModuleDescriptor.createModule(ContentTypeModuleDescriptor.java:21)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.module.PluginModuleHolder.createModule(PluginModuleHolder.java:70)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]   at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.module.PluginModuleHolder.getModule(PluginModuleHolder.java:93)
[...]

All resources regarding integration testing in Confluence I could find are entirely out of date and haven't been of any help thus far.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Bereznitsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

You could be missing an @ComponentImport annotation in your constructor, like this:

@ComponentImport ContentPermissionManager contentPermissionManager

If it doesn't do the trick, you might have to show us the Java code around your bean constructor.

Hope this was useful :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events