Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to own page in personal space after granting permission to other user

UKD March 11, 2021

I encountered the following phenomenon:

A user set restrictions to his personal space which includes view permission to only a couple of colleagues. He then created a page in his own space where only he as a space admin had view and edit permissions. He shared the page url via mail with another colleague. This colleague opened the link and had no access to the page because he was not entitled yet. He clicked the button 'Request access'. 

The space owner got the information for the requested access to the page. As soon as the space owner granted the permission to his colleague he lost his own view/edit permission and was not able to access his own page anymore. He was not able to find the page via global search nor was this page listed under restriced pages in the space permission configuration.

Only I as a confluence-sysadmin was able to find the page and changed the permission back to view/edit to the space admin. I tried to reproduce the problem but everything worked just as it should.

My question is:

How is it possible that the space admin lost permission to his own page after he granted the permission to another user?

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2021

Hi Klarissa, Ideally this should not happen. I tried to replicate this but it worked fine for me. Are you still having issues with this or its resolved ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events