Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No JAVA_HOME set in new Confluence installation (installer)

Tim_Menke February 5, 2019

So I recently set up a Confluence server (6.13) on windows with the installer.   At a later point, I went to check the version of Tomcat with the version.bat script, however, the script tells me that I have no JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME variable set.   I check, and sure enough, none is set.

Now according to:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-the-java_home-variable-in-windows-8895.html

... the article clearly says I don't need to set it if I used the installer.   Does that mean that it's not necessary because the installer was supposed to set the variable for me? (which means it didn't do it) or is the variable truly not needed when using the java included in the Confluence installer?

If it is the latter, is there any problem if I do point JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME to the built in Java?  Will I be breaking anything if I do this?  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hi @Tim_Menke

If you're using the Confluence installer, you don't need to install Java manually. The installer uses the inbuilt jre. If you go to the system info page of the Confluence, you will see the Java home path listed there.

Thanks

Yoga

Tim_Menke February 6, 2019

As I mentioned.  I am aware of the built in Java and that Confluence is using it

My question is if it is by design that there is no JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME set by Confluence?   If it is by design, will I break anything by setting JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME to point to the builtin java in order to run the tomcat scripts?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events