No Access to "Backup and Restore"

HFrelin January 24, 2020

I need to have access to backup my company's confluence pages. I know there's an XML backup feature under "General Configuration > Backup & Restore", but I don't have access to this section as I'm not a System Administrator. 

"You'll need System Administrator permissions to do this"

However, I have the below privileges,

"Site administrator: Can administer your site, determine user access, and update billing details (like you)"

and noone/group at my company appears to have sysadmin privileges. Is there a way to find out if someone has this privilege or get it for myself? 

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Nich Hogue
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

If you check under your Global Permissions. You should see a breakdown table of which group has which permission. Most likely it's system-administrators is set as your System Administrator permission. If it's not you'll at least see which group is associated with that, if any. From there you can look into your Groups management, and see who is a member of that group. 

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2020

Hi HFrelin!

As Nich mentioned, you should be able to see this permission in your global permission settings. If you need to regain access to the site admin permissions, you can follow the steps on Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights.

HFrelin January 27, 2020

Thanks for the reply! I see system-administrators in global permissions, but not in admin group management. 

Does that Admin recovery method apply to Confluence cloud? If so and I regain admin access, will we be able to back up our Confluence Cloud work? 

* our site looks like https://XXXX.atlassian.net, so I assume it is a cloud service

Thanks in advance for any additional help! 

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Ah, yes, that reset only applies to Confluence Server, and the "...atlassian.net" address confirms you are on cloud. I'm not as familiar with assigning administrators in Confluence Cloud. Sorry for the confusion!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events