Newbie question on linking personal tasks in Confluence to Jira/Greenhopper

Web Master May 14, 2013

Hello Atlassian community. I'm trying to see if there is a way I can create personal tasks in Confluence (eg. tasks assigned to me via an @ mention) and somehow have those tasks visible in Jira so that I can use Greenhopper with its Kanban board as a way to many my personal tasks. Appreciate any insights or best practices anyone can offer. Also, the Confluence documentation mentions a personal workbox with what looks like an letter tray icon in the title bar, but I don't see that icon in our setup, nor any place to "enable" a workbox in the Confluence administration console either. Again, appreciate any insights the community can offer. Thanks so much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Web Master May 19, 2013

Problem answered - it can't be done.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

If you can't see the workbox tray icon in the header, In-App notifications may be disabled on your server. Go to Confluence Admin > In-App Notifications and see whether the "displays in-app notifications" radio button is checked. If that doesn't work, have a look at your Manage Add-Ons page, one of the three plugins bellow might be disabled:

• Notifications and Tasks - Common Plugin

• Notifications and Tasks - Host Plugin

• Notifications and Tasks - Confluence Provider Plugin

If that's the case, re-enable them in the following order: Common Plugin, Host Plugin, Confluence Provider Plugin. For more information, see Managing Tasks in Confluence docs.

Regarding the ability to track Confluence tasks in JIRA or GreenHopper, I'm afraid that it won't work. You might want to work the other way around, creating issues in JIRA (thus being able to go Agile with them) and convert them into personal tasks in Confluence. Also, have a look at the Managing Notifications in Confluence documentation for more information.

Hope it helps.

Web Master May 16, 2013

Thanks for the info!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events