Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Confluence Questions - roadmap macro

Lynn Sheffield August 5, 2021

1.) can we wrap the text on the bars in the roadmap?

2.)  If I want to have the roadmap be linked to a start and end date of a particular milestone, will the bar automatically update and adjust itself on the timeline?

3.) If I have created 20+ pages that are all individually linked to the roadmap bars and I want to add a new column such as start and end dates, do I have to manually change all 20+ pages?

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Hi Lynn, the roadmap planner macro is for creating a visual timeline of your projects, releases etc. It provides limited functionality but otherwise very helpful which you can use for planning digitally instead of white-boarding. If you want to extend the capability of this macro, you might want to install a Live-roadmap plugin using which you can connect it to your jira project.

If your purpose is just to get the overview of your jira project issues you can use Jira issues macro to fetch the report from jira which will give you charts of tickets in progress, closed etc. You will need create application link between your confluence and jira instance for that.

Lastly you can also explore Advanced Roadmaps in JIRA to plan and track your work in Jira which is way more powerful where you can plan based on capacity, dependencies, priorities etc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events