New users not getting added to confluence-users group

Chris Price September 29, 2021

Hi Team,

I have noticed that our new users are no longer getting added to the default group "confluence-users" even though it is set as the default group and new users have access is turned on.

Can you please advise?

Cheers

Chris

default1.jpgdefault2.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Jon Lobsien January 12, 2022

Did you find a solution for this? I also noticed this just recently. New users that are provisioned from Azure can access Confluence just fine, but they are not in the "confluence-users" group. If I invite a new user by email, they are added correctly. 

Jawann Swislow December 9, 2022

I'm seeing the same with Google Workspace.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Chris Price 

How do your users are created/added to your instance? Did that procedure changed recently?

Chris Price September 30, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ we add users via Gsuie integration and this has not changed. 

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Chris Price 

I think it's because you have not enabled Confluence Product access to new users. Go to --> Administration->Site Settings -> Product Access and enable Add group for Confluence product like below -

Xnip2021-09-30_12-56-07.jpg

Chris Price September 30, 2021

Thanks @Kishan Sharma , but I have this enabled.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2021

Ok thanks for confirming, if they try to login for the first time, do they get any errors ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events