Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New space created when new user joins

Lisa Guadiana December 14, 2020

Greetings! I recently noticed that as new employees are creating/activating their Atlassian accounts, new spaces in Confluence are being created in their name.

Is this a new feature that has been added to new user setups? I searched through the administration portal and I didn't find anything that stated that a new space should be created when a new user comes on board. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support!

-Lisa Guadiana

3 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021
0 votes
Érico Scorpioni August 2, 2021

I just want to turn off this feature. We're adding users on the daily basis and this creates extra work for admins.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Lisa,

These are personal spaces.  It is not a new feature but maybe the group they are in is allowing it on your global permissions.

You should be able to delete personal spaces if you're a System Administrator (note: this is a different group to a Confluence Administrator) by going to Space Tools > Overview > Delete Space.

Also just wanted to make sure you were aware you can control which groups have the ability to create a Personal Space from Confluence Admin > Global Permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events