New cloud confluence - global font styles and image border

Daniel Vianna November 6, 2019

Is there a way to redefine H1, H2 , H3  globally to use:

• Font-family - Inter UI font (open source not native in Browser)
  • Font size
  • Font color
  • Line height

I also could not find a way to add border or shadows to photos. In the previous editing experience they part of image editing. Some of my photos have white background so they blend with the background.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us.

I see you eventually reached out to Cloud Support, but I wanted to answer here as well so it can help users in the future.

Modifying the look and feel of Confluence layouts using custom CSS or HTML is not possible.

Per our list of Functional differences in Confluence Cloud:

Server Functionality: Layouts, Custom CSS

Details: On Atlassian Cloud, Confluence uses a custom theme that can't be modified or updated using custom HTML or CSS. For more information on custom themes in Confluence Cloud, refer to Working with Themes.

Confluence Cloud Developer community: You can also create your own theme for Confluence Cloud. Check out the Theme page in our Confluence Cloud Developer page.

We have the following feature requests to include this functionality:

For your second question, about Image Borders, there's a new annotation feature that's being released. From my understanding, it's not possible to access it via older image, but you may be able to access it if you attach a new image to a page. For myself, I wasn't able to, and I've logged my feedback on the following ticket: 

• CONFCLOUD-67122 Image annotations is not available upon clicking on the image

So if you are also not getting the image annotation menu, you may be affected by that bug. I would recommend to apply a border using an image editing software prior to attaching the image to the page. 

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events