Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Public Link is Requiring Sign-In to Display Page

Edited

Hi All,

Public links don't appear to be working for me. Have I done something obviously wrong?

I am on Confluence Cloud and recently saw the new feature to make a single page publicly accessible. I have turned on public links through the admin interface and then went to a existing page to test. I toggled that page to share a public link, copied it and pasted in a separate browser not logged into Atlassian. 

I am then presented with a login screen for Atlassian. Am I missing something, or does that defeat the purpose of a public link?

Here is an example: Test Page 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

For anyone following, I contacted support. After them looking into it, the issue appears to have gone away. Cannot say if they changed anything or not, but I did not make any changes to my test scenarios and it is working now. I guess that is good news for now. 

As on February 14th it still does not work with my public Link. User still gets to see a login Screen, no matter which browser he uses. Problem still exists.

02/08/2021

I have the same problem today, but I waited for 3 to 5 minutes, and the problem was solved by itself. 

Adding to this issue, I went ahead and signed up for an account on the page I was presented with, verified email and then get this message. Public LInks are broken. Good job Atlassian. New feature and it doesn't even work as advertised. 

public link access denied.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,690 views 7 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you