Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

New Page Status and search

Axelle Grioche September 8, 2022

Hi , How to have all the pages of a status of a space? can we see the status quickly or by searches? how to share all the pages that are on a certain status? I have not found these features, if you have them, thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hey @Axelle Grioche

Unfortunately, the new content status feature still misses one or two essential things. You have no way to quickly get an overview of statuses as they are not supported by the page property report and the Confluence search. A community user already created two product suggestions you should consider voting for and watching them. πŸ‘‡πŸ½

BUT I can provide you with a workaround. πŸ˜„ Since there is currently no way to solve your use cases natively in Confluence, I suggest a workaround with our app Orderly Databases for Confluence. To my knowledge, it's the only app that facilitates the content status at the moment. In Orderly, the data exists not only on the page but in a database. So you don't have only the static table on a page and pull the information into a report. The information can be displayed and edited from everywhere. This also applies to the page status, which you can easily edit from anywhere without having to open and edit the page. πŸ‘πŸ½

I'll try to briefly summarize how you can use it to solve your use case. 

How to see the content/page status of pages quickly in Confluence

1. Follow our Get started guide and create a database in your space
  2. Change the title field to page link to link your existing pages
  3. Add a page status field and reference the title field
  4. Create a new entry linking it to a page
  5. The page status is pulled into the database, and you can edit it there as well

The result should look something like this after you finished building your database:

• You have all pages listed with additional data of your choice in a table
  • You see all page statuses of each linked page and can edit them inline as well

Page+Status+Short.gif

How to share pages with a specific content/page status in Confluence

You can use filters in Orderly macros to only display a subset of the content of a database. So that's could be useful to set up a page with different macros, each listing a different group of pages. "Draft", "In Progress" and "Published" or whatever statuses you're using in your spaces. :) So then you would not share individual pages with others, but only the page with the collection of the different pages in the filtered Orderly Database. And that is very easy to do using the on-board tools in Confluence.

content_status_filter.png

I hope that is helpful. And please don't forget to vote on the issues! πŸ˜„

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best, Max

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

The current implementation of the Confluence page status concept is very basic and limited to manual assignment only.

We developed an app with its own smart content status concept. Our internal automation rule will assign it in the background using flexible filters. For example, a page changes to "Expired" if it is not updated for 200 days and it is not labeled with "static". Then you do every sort of reporting, notification, etc. based on the statuses.

To have all pages in a given status per space, there is a filtered paged table view:

confluence-cloud-view-expired-pages.gif

When you click the number, it will just list the pages in that space and status.

But there are much more, see the documentation or try the app (FREE!).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events