Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature - Confluence - New PDF Page type

Aaron La Greca November 22, 2015

Hi, I was wondering if there is a feature where you can create a page and its simply a PDF page that uses the whole page real-estate like as if you were viewing a PDF page through a viewer (but with title and confluence goodies like commenting voting etc)?. I am using Confluence in an office setting and it would be very handy to store, retrieve and view pdf documents not as an attachment, but an actual confluence page. I would flip my lid if you added a feature like that or already have one smile smile.

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2015

Hi

There is a PDF viewer macro in Confluence

pdf_viewer.png

You can use it to embed your PDF on the page (comments are also available, as with any Confluence page)

Will this work?

pdf_viewer2.png

Aaron La Greca November 23, 2015

Hi, Thanks for your response. The macro you were discussing has been removed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/end-of-support-announcements-for-confluence-210239673.html You can attach a PDF and display a thumbnail image, then click on the thumbnail to go into PDF view. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/display-files-and-images-245827130.html#DisplayFilesandImages-officeOfficeandPDFfiles Its good, but would like something more seamless, too many clicks and waits. Something where the page displays the pdf automatically. Like how the thumbnails are built into the page, but the pdf could use the maximum screen real-estate. Then go on to a PDF viewer option for a detailed look if needed. This would give the user flexibility and speed to view pdf documents/pages quickly. Then to really improve use, the PDFs could have their content indexed and used in a confluence search. Also scanned document (like if I took a photo of a document) could be run through a OCR process and the data indexed for search. That would give tremendous power to the user I am using Confluence On Demand, upgrades are automatic (I like). Thanks again. Kind Regards, Aaron La Greca

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Oh, I see.. I have missed their notification about deprecation of these macros...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events