Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Editor - insert file as link

On the old editor it was possible to insert a link and then choose an attachment to upload. This would upload the file and just show a link to it, rather than a thumbnail. How is this done in the new editor?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Jake,

1. Upload your attachment to the page.
  2. Go to the Attachments view of the page.
  3. Right click on the attachment and copy the link to.temp.png
  4. Insert the link into a page like you would insert any other link.
    temp.png

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

So now whatever previously took 2-3 sec, now is going to take 30? Whoever made this decision was clearly a genius 

Like # people like this

Bring back an easier way to do this.  Maybe next time get some data on how many customers use this feature and talk to them.

Like # people like this

It doesn't really help, especially if you have a large number of files to add to a page.

Like # people like this

Fully agree. It is an absolute nuisance indeed, taking up much more time than the previous method. Almost renders it unusable for commented document lists.

Like # people like this

This is complete garbage. I have 10 attachments I need to add and it is so painful. Why do attachments not show up in the the searchbox that is displayed when the editing the link? How about starting the search with a ~ brings up just attachments from the current page?

Like # people like this

Does Atlassian have on the roadmap to bring back this feature that worked on the server based version? 

Like # people like this

I've literally spent an hour trying to remember how I did this only to discover it actually went away. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to the list of 'attachments' to try the method above. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I second this comment. 90% of the time I only want to show link so my page doesn't get clogged. Please bring this feature back.

Like # people like this
Like Anne Dawson likes this

I completely agree

Like Anne Dawson likes this

If a feature is working fine, please let it be! Why do the users always have to find a workaround? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. (Read m...

539 views 3 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you