Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New Editor - insert file as link

On the old editor it was possible to insert a link and then choose an attachment to upload. This would upload the file and just show a link to it, rather than a thumbnail. How is this done in the new editor?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Jake,

1. Upload your attachment to the page.
  2. Go to the Attachments view of the page.
  3. Right click on the attachment and copy the link to.temp.png
  4. Insert the link into a page like you would insert any other link.
    temp.png

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

So now whatever previously took 2-3 sec, now is going to take 30? Whoever made this decision was clearly a genius 

Like # people like this

Bring back an easier way to do this.  Maybe next time get some data on home many customers use this feature and talk to them.

Like Vanessa Amalraj likes this

It doesn't really help, especially if you have a large number of files to add to a page.

Like # people like this

Fully agree. It is an absolute nuisance indeed, taking up much more time than the previous method. Almost renders it unusable for commented document lists.

I second this comment. 90% of the time I only want to show link so my page doesn't get clogged. Please bring this feature back.

Like # people like this

+1 from me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,609 views 7 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you