Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network interface change on Atlassian product instances

leodali83 January 16, 2018

Hi everyone,

i'm experiencing a problem accessing to our self-hosted Confluence and JIRA Instances.

In our company, we suddenly changed our network addresses of all computers and virtual machines running, including those of Confluence and JIRA.

Now Confluence doesn't let me login because cannot contact our Crowd directory due to an invalid IP address; Crowd directory is the JIRA instance.

I tried to change some IP addresses inside Confluence database, unfortunately nothing changed.

Falling back to our last domain addresses is not an option at this time.

How can I change Crowd directory IP address correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Leonardo,

The solution would be to recreate the application link between crowd and other applications. Application Links use unique IDs associated with IPs and must be recreated each time they become obsolete (or mostly).

You might have a backup account in jira directory (usually "admin") to connect to your applications, you might recover those admin accounts IDs and password using that kind of trick: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events