Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested table in wiki markup (Confluence 4)

MASH Trust Atlassian ICT Team December 4, 2011

Hello,

I'm struggling with writing a wiki markup for a Confluence 4.0 template... I want to nest a table within a table, and it has to be within a wiki markup format... can someone please help me?

An idea for Atlassian based around this: what about making an option within 'Tools' to view the page in wiki markup format (you have already got 'view source' & view format') - this would be a great tool to use so we can create in WYSIWUG format and then we can adapt to a Global template as we see fit....

So, anyone ho can help me with the wiki markup coding I would be very greatful...

Hopefully you will see what I would like to have below (since I can't upload a pic):

+-------------+-------------+
| table 1a    | table 1b    |
|             | +---------+ |
|             | | table 2a| |
|             | | table 2b| |
+-------------+-------------+

Regards,

Grunta

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Bhatt February 5, 2013

Hey Grunta!

You sure can nest a table within a table in Confluence by enclosing this nested table within the NOTE or INFO macros.

Here is how you can do this:

| Type | Indicates the type call.

{note:icon=false} || Type || Call ||

| Missed | Bogus |

| Bogus | Missed |

| Host | Virus |

| Bug | Flu |{note} |

OR

| Type | Indicates the type call.

{info:icon=false} || Type || Call ||

| Missed | Bogus |

| Bogus | Missed |

| Host | Virus |

| Bug | Flu |{info} |

Hope this helps! :)

It isnt the BEST of methods, but sure is sweet! Ain' it? (:

Best,

Dave

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

{panel} works also

Like # people like this
0 votes
Eric Moore June 26, 2013

Will work if you wrap {section} tag around table too...

{csv} will work too.

0 votes
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

Hey Grunta, unfortunately the wiki markup doesn't support nested tables. However, the XHTML editor does; we're planning on integrating the XHTML editor with templates in the near future, please follow this ticket for automatic updates: CONF-11744

0 votes
MASH Trust Atlassian ICT Team December 4, 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know if this can be done? - I'm a little puzzled as to how to do this...

Thanks,

Grunta

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events