Nested Use of Graphviz Diagrams for Confluence

Anton Kronseder _smartics_ February 5, 2017

Dear team,

unfortunately it is not possible to use the graphviz macros (especially the digraph macro) in a nested context sad

Do I miss something?

Background: We wrote a macro that generates the digraph on the fly and we would like nest our macro in the digraph macro.

Will this feature be implemented in the near future?

Best regards,

Anton

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2017

I have answered this here.

Anton Kronseder _smartics_ February 10, 2017

@see here

smile

Thanks alot,

Anton

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2017

Hmm.  I'm using graphviz macros inside other macros, although the container macros are part of the core of Confluence.  I think, more importantly, they're macros that render Confluence language internally, so they know where to go when they try to render another macro.  I suspect your macro does not render Confluence data?  (Obvious example - put a graphviz macro inside a panel)

Anton Kronseder _smartics_ February 7, 2017

Hi Nic,

thanks for your answer and sorry for beeing too unprecise.

I wanted to use the Graphviz Diagrams for Confluence macros the other way round.

We wrote a - not jet published - Graph Macro for the projectdoc Toolbox for Confluence that generates the digraph-ASCII-syntax on the fly. Right now we use the free PlantUML add-on to convert this digraph-ASCII-text to a graphviz (dot) PNG. To do this we wrap the PlantUML-macro around our macro.

As we would also like to support the Graphviz Diagrams for Confluence macros (especially the digraph-macro), we added an additional feature to our macro to generate the digraph-ASCII-syntax in a format that the digraph-macro can use. But unfortunately we can not put our macro inside the digraph macro as it does not allow richtext (other macros) in its body.

Best regards,

Anton

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2017

Ah, sorry, I did not see that before.  It is the reverse of what I've done before.  I'm afraid I don't know how that might work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events