Nested Group not working? Test method?

Jositz, Michael (Allianz SE) December 22, 2011

Hi everybody, I migrated Confluence in our System Integration from 3.4.5 to 3.5.13. I had (working) atlassian-user.xml in place during update. So far LDAP synchronisation works, I set method to "Read only" so only AD users & groups are maintained in our AD.

In "Global Permissions" I use one group, calles INTERNATIONAL. This group has "Use permission" assigned. In this group I have 1 user, the boss :). Boss can login without any problem. The group also contains another group like SINGAPORE and others parallel and also sub-groups. They then contain the users. If these users try to login they get "not permitted" error, but can login. So I assume LDAP connection works fine, but nested groups don't. "Enable Nested Groups" is enabled in the primary User directory.

How can I achive or test that the users of the sub-groups can use the permissions of the group INTERNATIONAL?

I tried everything, but have no idea what else to do :(. Thanks Michi!

1 answer

0 votes
Jositz, Michael (Allianz SE) December 22, 2011

I do not know why this option helped, but I set this and now it seems to work. I have to test it in details. Option I activated:

Naive DN Matching

If your directory will always return a consistent string representation of a DN, you can enable naive DN matching. Using naive DN matching provides significant performance benefits, so we recommend enabling it where possible.
Does anybody have an explanation for this, I do absolutely not understand the context? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events