Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing assistance with image alignment in Confluence Cloud

Sarah Wilson-Reißmann February 3, 2023

Hi @Stephen Sifers I know this is an old one, but I am not currently able to horizontally align images in the cell of a table. I can resize them to make them small enough to all fit on one line, but I can't put them on the same line. This is super annoying because it now pushes the row all the way down, there's tons of white space, and I need the reader to see all three images in one view along with the copy in the other columns. Please help! Thank you.

The question was moved from the original post How to align and resize images in tables? 

2 answers

0 votes
Ruby October 23, 2023

This is really frustrating. Using Layout does not work if you are already working within a layout column. And Layout only allows for up to 3 columns.

In this example I tried aligning them all to the right or the left but the first one is always out of alignment. 

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 5.53.15 PM.png

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2023

Hello @Sarah Wilson-Reißmann 

The option to add images on the same line are only possible if they are added through the /layout macro, where you can choose up to 3 tiles and add an image in each one of those tiles.

Adding images inline, in the same line next to another or choosing the alignment of the same in the page, is not something possible with the current editor.

We have a few feature requests create to address it:

Depending on your use case and the size of images to be used, you can create Emojis to added them next to your text or side by side in the same line.

We understand this is not the ideal scenario, but we hope helps clarifying and the workaround can help depending on the case.

Regards,
Jessica

Sarah Wilson-Reißmann February 7, 2023

Thanks @Jessica , I'll check the other feature requests out.

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2023

No worries, Sarah-Wilson.

Hope this at least helps clarifying some things, and I hope the layout can helps as a workaround.

Regards,
Jessica

Christi Brooks May 2, 2023

Emojis are not a solution as you cannot add ALT text to an emoji.

Like Cory Carpenter likes this
Cory Carpenter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2023

You also cannot left align an image when it is within an expand macro. This is also pretty frustrating.

And tables apparently have to be full width of the page if you want it aligned to the left. This leaves a lot of weird whitespace as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events