Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to align and resize images in tables?

Amy Scales December 9, 2019

Since the introduction of the new editing view in confluence, I can no longer align or resize images in tables. Images added are always centre aligned in the cell (even when everything else is not) and the images cannot be resized.

Even outside of tables, the new image resizing method is terrible (unable to specify a size in pixels, making it hard to standardise across pages).

Is there a workaround I can use, or will this be fixed?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello Amy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for your question about resizing images within tables for the new editor. There is good and bad news on this issue, the bad news is resizing images is not yet possible in the new editor. With the bad news out of the way, we can move on to the good news, which is that there is a feature request for this already which you may find at CONFCLOUD-65573. We would ask you to please vote and watch this request for future updates along with adding your thoughts to the request.

Currently, there is not a workaround for resizing images within a table.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Amy Scales December 11, 2019

What about aligning images? When the text is right aligned but image can only be centre aligned, it looks pretty messy.

Like # people like this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hello Amy,

When I tested having text right-aligned with a right-aligned image as well I was able to either put the image above or below the text since they’re both right aligned.

Please note:

• That since they’re both right-aligned they will not appear on the same line.
  • If you want the text to display next to an image then the text will have to be an opposing alignment to the image.
    • Example: Right-aligned image with Left-aligned text
    • Example: Left-Aligned image with Right-aligned text.
  • Center aligning the text will place the text out of alignment with the image and allow the text to either be displayed above or below the image, not in line with the image.

With this said, are you able to left align your text while having a right aligned image?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Amy Scales December 12, 2019

I am unable to change the alignment of any images used in tables, the alignment button is greyed out. Images just appear centre aligned and huge! 

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

Hello, again Amy,

Thanks for the quick reply and verification. We appreciate you working with us to explore this problem. From your notes, I’m able to understand the issue a bit more now and thank you for the clarification. I was able to confirm there is a feature request to have this type of functionality added to the new editor. You may find this request at CONFCLOUD-68427. Same as the previous request we will ask you to vote and watch this request to receive updates on its status.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events