Needed: Web clipper (similar to "Clip to OneNote")

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

We're converting most of our content from OneNote to Confluence but in the process are truly missing the likes of a cool tool such as "Clip to OneNote".

With "Clip to OneNote" we can capture the full page, region, article (perfectly formatted) and even a bookmark, and it creates the page immediately in OneNote.

screenshot_1576.png

Confluence desperately needs a way to do the same.

Is there anything out there even close?

2 answers

0 votes
Frank Peters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2018

For JIRA exist something better. 
See Capture for Jira 

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

Thanks Frank, I'm trying it out now.  The UI has a few quirks (no undo capability for one) but we'll see how it goes.

0 votes
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

I could suggest to look into the Shared Links Blueprint as it has a "...Share on Confluence [that adds a] button to your browser's toolbar...".

I use the feature from time to time. It doesn't capture the whole page, but it creates a neat page in the Shared Links page hierarchy that the Blueprint creates!

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

Is that the same as the "shared links" bookmarklet?  I do use that but it only creates a page with a link on it.  Pretty limited.

jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

Yes, that would be it! Indeed limited, but did the trick for me. I'll keep an eye out if I see anything else useful I'll write back :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events