Need to find best way to display calculated data within confiform

Markisio December 30, 2022

Hi there 

Wondering what is the best way to show calculated data, for instance: the % of FTEs vs contractors resources. Here is what I have in  confiform 

name

type —> FTE or CTR 

cost 

what I want is the following 

total FTE, and CTR 

And 

FTE / total resources (FTE and CTR) = % of FTE

would that be solved by ConfiForms ValueView? 

thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2022

Have a look at this page https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Advanced+aggregations+and+calculations+with+TableView+Merger

And yes, the same approach can be used by ValueView, calculating each value individually

Alex

Markisio December 30, 2022

thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

I used table merger and it display like this 

Type - Total

CTR -  30

FTE - 10

but how to display at the end or within each row the % of that number 

Type - Total - Percentage 

CTR - 30 - 75%

FTE - 10 - 25%

thanks 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2022

Something like this

FTE%:([count_type=FTE]*100/[total])
Markisio December 31, 2022

Hmmm, I haven’t tried this but it doesn’t sound right to me. Would like an explanation please.
I am thinking loud here, Why I need to mention count_type=FTE? It need to be dynamically for that row, no? Also I am assuming [total] means the total of all rows? 

My guess the correct formula is ([count_type]*100)/[Total]? Haven’t tried this but the goal to make it dynamic per row. Total is the column in the table merge 

please note the data example I gave is simple :) the actual data I have is more than 2 rows. I just didn’t want to show the entire data 

thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Markisio January 4, 2023

is this doable @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ ? thanks 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2023

What is doable? I have suggested a way how to calculate grouped values.
you had doubts and own suggestions  - feel free to use whatever you think is appropriate 

Markisio January 4, 2023

HI @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

thanks for getting back to me but your suggestion is not dynamic and I tried it as well  with Table Merger but it didn't work. Sorry if I misunderstood your suggestion. but I am looking for dynamic result, let me try to make is more clear of what I am looking for:

table Merger: 

Type - Total Resources - Percentage 

CTRA - 20 - 25%

CTRB - 30 - 37.5 %

FTEA - 20 - 25%

FTEB - 10 - 12.5%

the percentage column need to by dynamic based on left side (Total Resources). Hoping there is a solution something like this: ie: CTRA = (20/80) * 100

what is CTRA --> 20 will be in the formula 

what is the entire total resources --> 80 will be in the formula 

Thanks for all the help @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events