Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to edit the Confluence System Dashboard

Terri Yeago May 7, 2021

I am trying to access the Confluence system dashboard (data center) but can't find it in the Admin portal. Can someone please provide me with the location so I can modify it?

I want to include the Include Page macro in it and have it redirected to a page that a non admin user can manage. 

Thanks! Terri

2 answers

0 votes
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Terri Yeago 
I hope you are well.

There are some ways you can customize the Confluence Dashboard.

You can edit the welcome message, which is the portion on the right of the Dashboard page.
The Editing the Site Welcome Message document has the details on how to do that.

If you are comfortable customizing Confluence layout, you can edit the Global Layout, which is the one that is applied to the Dashboard.
Refer to Customizing Site and Space Layouts for more information about it.

Another way would be by replacing the Confluence home page for a select Space Home.
This would not customize the Dashboard, but would give the users a complete new home page, of your choice.
Note that each user can choose their own site home from the user profile.
More information about it can be found in Configuring the Site Home Page.

I hope that helps you on adding the information you need to your Confluence home page.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Terri Yeago May 10, 2021

Thiago, thanks so much! I keep forgetting that the global layout is applied to the dashboard so I will look see if that may be the best option before I map the dashboard to a page in lieu of the dashboard. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Confluence's default page is a dashboard that's pretty much hard-coded, there is no config you can do to it.

What you can do is tell Confluence to use a page in a space instead of the dashboard, and you can do whatever you like with a page.

Edit - sorry, I forgot - you can change from dashboard to page by going to Admin -> Further Configuration -> Edit

Terri Yeago May 10, 2021

Thanks, Nic!  This is very helpful. I keep forgetting that the dashboard is hard coded... lol.  I will definitely be updating further configuration to reflect the page in lieu of the space. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events