Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete account

Jitae Kim December 14, 2016

Dear,

When I log on Confluence, the left account is used as default and there are two accounts for me

Please help me,

1) Delete the left one

2) Change the default account to right one

image2016-12-14 14:1:35.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hi Jayden,

That's an unusual problem, simply because each account has to have a unique email address. There's no such thing as a "default" account because each user can only have one account (i.e. one email address = one email address).  I'm not sure how you've managed to have 2 profiles, both with the same email address.  It shouldn't be possible....

Anyway, to solve it you need to go to User Management and deactivate the profile that you don't need any more.  Deactivating a user will remove them from the license but if you want to delete the old profile completely you can do that too.  Instructions for deactivating and deleting users are here.

Jitae Kim December 14, 2016

Hi Rob,

Thanks for a guide, I have no idea how I have two accounts.

Unfortunately I cannot deactivate it since I'm not a administer user, so please let me know who is the administer user for me, then I can ask him to help it.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hi Jayden,

There's no way for me to know who has site-admin privileges for your instance.  However, if you click Space Tools > Overview it'll show you a list of the administrators for the space.  That will normally include the site-admins, but if not you can ask one of the space administrators who the site-admins are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events