Need support for Task Reminder for Confluence - getting reminder for task that is not mine

Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

A colleague of mine keeps getting the task reminder email for a task that is not assigned to him. His name does not appear in the task and the task is marked as completed but my colleague keeps getting the reminder.

Altassian support ruled out the issue as a "plug-in" issue and pointed me to plug-in support that pointed me to here... Given that the task does not appear among the Confluence Tasks for that user but only in the email I have to agree that the issue comes from the plug-in.

The issue affects only one user and only one task in one page. Issue is pretty old (months) and "survived" multiple page edits as well as Confluence upgrades.

Is there anyone who can, please, assist with further troubleshooting and fixing of this issue?

Here is a screenshot of the page where the task is and of the e-mail from Task Reminder.

Page with Task.png

E-Mail with Task wrong user.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Rosario,

Possible answers:

1. Delete the task to try and break the link (you can always recreate it).
  2. Try removing and then recreating his permissions to view the page.
  3. Try logging in using another browser.  If he stops getting the notifications then clearing the cache of the browser he normally uses should solve the problem.

On a side note: Scandio's Atlassian vendor page list their staff who have accounts here, and you can also email Scandio support using the email address on that page.

If I mention @Carla Harth and @Christian Koch (Scandio) (the first 2 names on their vendor page), hopefully they or one of their colleagues will appear here as if by magic to help you smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events