Need help with CSS for breadcrumb font color on body pages...

Laura May 2, 2017

Hi!

I have been updating the stylesheet in CSS to change the look of my Confluence space. So far so good! However, I made the links in the page tree white because I made the left nav. background dark blue. I want those to stay white, but because breadcrumbs are tied to them I can't see the white breadcrumbs on the white background on the body pages. I'd like to change the color of the breadcrumbs, and also the links that are in the pop-up messages from Confluence telling me I have a draft of x page saved when I open the page.

I have picked around trying to find the right code to make this work and just can't find it.

Please help. I'm so close to finishing my lovely space and I'm excited to see it complete! If you can think of any other gotchas that might have been affected by the white page tree font please let me know.

Sincerely grateful,

Laura

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2017

Laura,

Only apply the link style to the following:

.acs-side-bar-space-info a {color:#fff; . . . .}
.acs-side-bar-content a {color:#fff; . . . .}
.acs-side-bar-space-info a:hover {. . . .}
.acs-side-bar-content a:hover {. . . .}
etc.

This will contain it to the left hand navigation and not change the link color accross confluence.

Brant

Laura May 2, 2017

Thanks so much Brant! I will change that up. While I've got you, any chance you could tell me if I can rearrange the space name in the left nav to go under the image?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2017

I forgot to say you might need to add !important or additional classes to get it to take.  I just looked at the code so I don't know at what level you will have to apply the change to override the core css.
Brant

Laura May 2, 2017

It worked as is.

Thanks.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2017

Laura,

Great.  Can you mark it as the answer to your question.  In order to have the text display under the icon you will have to play with the following:

.acs-side-bar .acs-side-bar-space-info .avatar {....}
.acs-side-bar-space-info .space-information-container {...}

Changing the display: block; and updating the padding should get you what you want.

Thanks
Brant

Laura May 3, 2017

okay I'll try that. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events