Need help on copying an existing confluence page to another confluence page

Farid Meladi February 20, 2020

I need to copy an existing Confluence page (including its sub pages, links, diagrams, etc) to an own confluence page. To do this, on th eexisting confluence page, I go on edid mode, I try to do clt +A to copy the whole content, but I fail to copy.

Any one can help out?

1 answer

0 votes
Kev February 20, 2020

Hi @Farid Meladi ,

If you are looking to simply copy the page you have to a new one (duplicating it), you can select copy from the three dots (...) at the top right of your page as shown in the image below.

This will create a brand new copy of the original page while retaining any links you have on your page.

1306110_1_Menu.png

What this won't do, is copy the hierarchy structure if it contains sub-documents, these need do be copied separately and then re-positioned within the new structure.

Using the "View in Hierarchy" option above, you can see my document layout shown in this image.

1306110_2_SpaceSettings.png

If I copy the "Test Pages" page, you can see in the image below that the sub-page has NOT been copied.

1306110_3_SpaceSettings.png

So, for each sub-page, it looks though you would need to copy each individual page and then rearrange them via the "View in Hierarchy" menu option, to link them under the new version of the document.

Hope that makes sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events