Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance to have drop down / scaffolding in confluence

Charles Bharath S March 7, 2021

Hello All,

I apologize in advance if this question was already posted and answered but I could not find a solution for my query .  My organization uses confluence and I have a page created for my Team. I have added many additional pages to it and they show up as Child pages but i would like to know if there is a way this shows up as a table as a column in the left hand side with drop down arrows option . I wish I could share a screenshot to explain this better but I dont see a function . Appreciate your assistance and pardon my ignorance if I could not find the answers already .

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Charles, 

Good day and hope you had an amazing weekend.

You can show the child pages using Page tree macro which can be then put inside a table to show the child/grand child pages:

page.pngpage tree.pngScreenshot (78).png

However, I quite didn't get the "shows up as a table as a column in the left hand side with drop down arrows option " part, perhaps you  can share a screenshot of what you meant by clicking on "image upload.png". And also you have mentioned Scaffolding in the title of your questions. Wanted to confirm if this question is related to Scaffolding app?

Best,

Sayed

Charles Bharath S March 8, 2021

Hello Sayed, 

I thank you for your response and for the help.  I apologize for not being able to explain my query better. I shall attach the screenshots now the one on the left is how I need it but the one on the right is how  my page actually  looks like . You could see from the image at the left has this search box embedded along with the pages with a drop down arrow to expand or collapse but my page to the right dont have it nor do i see the search box . I need assistance to be able to replicate this. Thanks a lot for taking time to answer my query.  Pardon my vague question.  Confluence.JPG 

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for the update and very detailed explanation.

To show the search box together with  expand or collapse option, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to Space tools> Look and Feel>Sidebar, header and footer
  • In the Sidebar section add the following markup:
{pagetree:expandCollapseAll=true|searchBox=true}
  •  Click on "Save"

space admin.png

Now you should be able to have the same search bar and options in your Space but please note that in order to make the above changes you will need Space admin permission.

You can also do additional customization by configuring sidebar and here is a very detailed documentation on how you can do it:

Hope it helps :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events