Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need administration access (trouble due to illness)

Bert Menting February 11, 2014

Hello,

We are using confluence setup with Windows Active Directory. I work in the IT and now need to make changes in the rights of users. Something a collegue normally did, but he is ill for some time. I do not seem to have the rights to change anything with my own account.

What I do have is access to the active directory, and the confluence server (linux based). What are my options to give myself more rights? With my extra rights I should then be able to give users more rights to specific pages.

Any help very appreciated!

Kind regards, Bert.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bert Menting February 11, 2014

AD account looked similar. Luckily a collegue managed to get in using system account and a ...:8080/admin/console.action. I now have the access I need.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

Have a look at your colleagues AD account - I expect you will find he is in a group called something like "confluence administrators" (and you are not). Add yourself to that group and you'll get the admin rights he has the next time Confluence syncs with AD (it's usually a few minutes at most)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events