Navigation Tool Bar missing

Allison Lambert December 17, 2018

My top navigation bar used to have other options like Spaces, People, a Create button....but now I only have Questions. I'm not sure where everything went and how to restore the top navigation bar. I've tried to look at the help database but nothing to correct the issue.

I have the confluence-administrator role which has all access.

See attached.

Confluence.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

Hello Allison,

Can you first make sure to go to Manage Add-ons and disable all 3rd party add-ons?

Secondly, please show me what your global permissions look like and which groups your user is in.

Thank you!

Shannon

Allison Lambert December 18, 2018

I went into Safe Mode and the top navigation did not change. See attached.Safe Mode.JPG

I also attached the global permissions and my ID's assigned groups. I have the confluence-administrators Group associated with my ID.

Permissions.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2018

Allison,

Thank you for showing me this, it's very odd.

Does this only occur for your admin user? If you were to login as a regular user, does the same issue occur?

If so, I would recommend that you clear the Confluence plugin cache and reindex Confluence and see if that helps.

Otherwise, check to make sure there aren't any customizations that might be causing the issue.

Lastly, if these things don't work, then you may need to upgrade Confluence to a more recent version. 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events