Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL DB setup failed - Confluence

Colibri-Interactive August 8, 2014

I'm trying to install the trail version of confluence using a mysql with JDBC connector on localhost

I created a table "confluence" and a user "confluence" which has all privileges on that table.

But when I enter the details in the db setup if confluence I get the following errors:

• Configuring the database failed. Couldn't create the database schema.
  • Error creating bean with name 'cacheStatisticsManager' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ehCacheStatisticsManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/atlassian_confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-cache-ehcache-5.5.4.jar!/cacheProviderContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'localeManager' while setting bean property 'localeManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'localeManager' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'settingsManager' while setting bean property 'settingsManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'settingsManager' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'upgradeManager' while setting bean property 'upgradeManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'upgradeManager' defined in class path resource [upgradeSubsystemContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'personalSpaceCreatorCheckUpgradeTask' while setting bean property 'upgradeTasks' with key [20]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'personalSpaceCreatorCheckUpgradeTask' defined in class path resource [upgradeSubsystemContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userAccessor' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userAccessor' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userAccessorTarget' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userAccessorTarget' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'repositoryAccessor' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'repositoryAccessor' defined in class path resource [atlassianUserContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userManager' while setting bean property 'userManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userManager' defined in class path resource [atlassianUserContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'backingUserManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'backingUserManager' defined in class path resource [atlassianUserContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'crowdService' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdService' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'crowdServiceTarget' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdServiceTarget': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'unfilteredCrowdServiceTarget' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'crowdApplicationService' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdApplicationService' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'crowdDirectoryManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdDirectoryManager' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'directoryInstanceLoader' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'directoryInstanceLoader' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'crowdInternalDirectoryLoader' while setting constructor argument with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdInternalDirectoryLoader' defined in class path resource [importedEmbeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'instanceFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'instanceFactory' defined in class path resource [embeddedCrowdContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Class

The privileges are correct as I can log in with that user via my phpmyadmin and see the table and perform actions.

Any hints would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Felix

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2014

Did you go step-by-step down the DatabaseSetup for MySQL instructions? It sounds like your MySQL config may be to blame. If you haven't enabled InnoDB, you need to do that. MyIsam is not supported on Confluence. I'd also recommend enabling binary logging. Also, make sure you create the database instance with utf8 character set or you'll have all sorts of fun when you get multi-byte characters entered on pages. I've set up countless Confluence instances connecting to MySQL over the years, and you shouldn't have any problems as long as you use a supported version (you are,) a supported driver (check that you are) and follow the setup steps above. Also, if this is on linux, I'd recommend disabling Selinux (or putting it in permissive mode if you plan to make a policy for it.) Selinux may be "protecting" you. I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events